Monday, January 2, 2017

Welcome to the New Year

Congratulations! I am glad to welcome you into 2017. New Year connotes new opportunities, and hope. It is a time to focus, take stock, discipline yourself and follow through on what you want for yourself. It is also a time to make amends where necessary. It is not a time to look back, but ahead.
For three years, I left my blog to attend to some other stuff. This stuff is a mixture of distractions, achievements and life lessons. My singular focus of re-launching this blog is to share my thoughts, life lessons, self help truth and encourage the youths in our society and beyond. To help them know that whatsoever they imagine or desire to become is within their grasps. Like the picture of a cat, looking into a mirror, but seeing its own very image as that of a lion, that is how it is for everyone who believes in his or herself.
I may not be that excellent writer, but I am a certified youth counsellor. I have successfully organised series of programs focused on educating and empowering young adults on character development. My priority is to encourage young adults and see them excel in their chosen fields.
Sometimes, I wonder why I abandoned my blog, which is an excellent platform for interacting with young adults, to chase other ambitions. Well, I must say, it is all a learning and building process. And the veering off paid off in two significant ways. One, I learnt a lot about people and two, never forget your primary assignment. Wherever you find yourself, see it as an institute where you need to build yourself up. And just focus your energy building yourself.  
2016 wasn’t a good year for many and we couldn’t wait for it to end. Now it has ended and the anticipated 2017 is here. So, what are your plans? Are you going to seat back and watch it crawl away without taking responsibility for your life? In 2016, some sat back waiting for the government to rescue them. Some tried helping themselves, but eventually gave up concluding that things will never be better. Whatever role you played, here is the good news; you are alive. And like the usual cliché, “once there is life, there is hope”.
Today happens to be my birthday and when I went down memory lane, I have a thousand reasons to be grateful. I look at my life and have every reason to be grateful. I am healthy, and so is everyone in my family. Some spent the festive season in the hospital while some didn’t live to see the New Year. Here I am celebrating another year with high hopes and opportunities.
This year is laced with so many opportunities. Look inward, look around and align yourself with your purpose. Focus your energy on things that are worthwhile. The dictionary defines worthwhile as something important or rewarding enough to justify your effort. Set your focus on worthwhile activities, goals and visions so that when the year ends, you will have a good course to say “well done” to yourself. And lastly, don’t forget to keep a date with me, on this blog, I am dedicated to write often and help you achieve your worthwhile lifetime goal. Welcome to the New Year.    

No comments:

Post a Comment