Thursday, January 13, 2011

What about the New Year?

Happy New Year is the usual seasonal compliment we send out at the beginning of every year. So, I am saying Happy New Year to you. Welcome to twenty-eleven.

Twenty-ten is gone forever! It has become the past and there is no future in the past. So, let us make the future brighter by living out the present. Let us face the future right here and now!

In this twenty-eleven, I know everyone wants and deserves a better life. What do you want? What do you have to do to develop your self-confidence, self-esteem and better internal motivation in this year?

To develop a better you, it all starts with how you think. You need to change your thinking. Maybe a better start is simply recognizing your Creator—God. Think of everyday as a gift from above and be grateful for it. Then learn to say positive things to yourself. Like, “I am going to develop myself until I become a better person. I will expand my heart and reach out to others. I will not fail to take chances and would try not to miss opportunities.”

And finally, you will have to learn to confront that which frightens you. Live above your fears. Take necessary actions as soon as you can. Like the title of the book written by my dearest Pastor, Pastor George Unogu, “MAKE THAT MOVE NOW!”

No comments:

Post a Comment